Seeking experienced Engineering and Quality Manager for key process/product improvement leadership position in a metals casting and fabrication manufacturing environment located in HPG’s Mason, Ohio headquarters.
As Engineering and Quality Manager you will lead the Process Engineering and Quality teams in developing specifications and process improvements for new and existing products manufactured/procured domestically and internationally. You will oversee implementation and maintenance of all aspects of the Quality systems, including ISO 14001 and 9001 systems, staffing, and training. In addition to the technical competence required in metals casting, wire fabrication and continuous improvement, you must have the leadership skills to take ownership of projects and problems to get them resolved. You must be able to work effectively with multiple departments in the company, and must be self-directed, an innovative leader, and able to handle multiple priorities. Responsibilities include:
- Directs department activities to modify existing designs, improve production techniques, develop testing procedures and design new products.
- Oversees the Quality Management System, Lean Six Sigma program, and ISO.
- Resolves problems using Lean/Six Sigma methodology, implementing new techniques and technologies.
- Confers with management, production, and marketing staff to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, and customer demand for new and existing products.
- Forecasts operating costs of departments, projects savings and directs preparation of budget requests.
- Advises management of new developments which may affect profit, schedule, costs, customer relations, and/or inter-departmental relations.
- Conducts management meetings with continuous improvement program department heads to establish, delineate, and review program organizational policies, to coordinate functions and operations between departments, and to establish responsibilities and procedures for attaining objectives.
- Interfaces with suppliers to resolve specification issues.
- Researches and writes technical data for use in documents such as technical manuals, procedures, specifications and capital requests.
- Develops and installs method improvement, evaluates machine compliments, recommends and implements changes to reflect the most economical and efficient standard as they apply to production processes, updates databases and documents to reflect these changes.
- Defines plant equipment and layouts to optimize cellular alignments to enhance product flow using Value Stream Mapping and Cellularization techniques.
- Lead improvement teams using DMAIC and Kaizen to identify and eliminate root cause of production process issues.
- Conduct training of plant operators and technicians on basic processes and improvement techniques.
- Maintains a working knowledge of safety policies/regulations to ensure safety of self and others while performing duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Material Science, Quality, Business, or related field. from a four-year college or university.
- Master’s degree in Business and/or 6 Sigma Black Belt certification desired.
- Minimum 5 years of Engineering and 2 years of Quality Management experience including process improvement leadership in a metals casting and fabrication manufacturing environment.
- Experience implementing cellularization and Lean tool use, selection and application in a manufacturing environment.
- SAP knowledge (BOMs, Routers, Scheduling, etc.).
- Ability to design and execute DOE, Measurement Analysis, and FMEA’s.
- Ability to relate well with plant personnel at all levels.
- Must be a self-directed, innovative leader.
- Able to handle multiple priorities effectively.
Comprehensive and Competitive Compensation and Benefits
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401k savings, and tuition assistance.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Women, Minorities,Veterans, and Disabled are encouraged to apply.
This job listing expires July 29, 2012.
To apply for this job click here.