We have a career opportunity for a Staff Accountant at our Mason, Ohio headquarters. Reporting to the Controller you will be responsible for helping HPG improve financial and operational performance by providing oversight of all financial transaction processes and the accuracy and integrity of the data in the financial statements. Through analysis of financial data you will recommend items of potential improvement. You will ensure financial statements are compliant with all legal, regulatory, and company financial reporting standards. In addition, you will coordinate various tax audits, physical inventories and cycle counts at domestic and international locations. Responsibilities also include:
- Perform monthly closing, submitting financials to Financial Reporting, prepare monthly forecast, internal reports and financial projections, and perform account reconciliations.
- Implement controls in all domestic entities in adherence with Corporate Policies. Assist in updating Sarbanes-Oxley narratives helping to identify any weaknesses in control structure. Assist with internal and external auditors.
- Assist in budget and strategic planning process including calculations for scorecards, cost savings projects and various analyses, as well as strategies to meet Corporate objectives. Assist with monitoring cost savings projects and Six Sigma projects.
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field.
• Minimum of two years’ accounting work experience.
• Work experience with month end close, budgeting and forecasting, cost accounting, and SOX.
• Above average computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
• Able to apply advanced mathematical concepts.
• Works with attention to detail, accurately, and timely.
• Willing to travel domestically and internationally 5 – 10% of the time.
• SAP experience a plus.
Comprehensive and Competitive Compensation and Benefits
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401k savings, and tuition assistance.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled are encouraged to apply.
This job listing will expire on July 20, 2012.
To apply for this job click here.