J. W. Harris
Meanwhile, in 1914, Joseph W. Harris founded the J.W. Harris Company, specializing in the distribution and repair of specialized parts for automotive and farm vehicles. The company later expanded into welding alloys and accessories. In 1984, the company purchased Unibraze Corp., another welding and brazing filler metals company, and they continued their expansion with the acquisition of Thermacote Welco Co. in 1993. Autobraze, a manufacturer of precision brazing rings and return bends, was acquired in 2005.
For both companies, the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s brought about expansion into other areas of the world. By 1963, Harris Calorific had diversified into anesthesia equipment and other medical gas applications. Both companies also explored international markets, including a J.W. Harris international distribution center in Spain.