ER630 (17-4 PH) is a martensitic precipitation-hardening stainless steel that provides an outstanding combination of high strength, good corrosion resistance, good mechanical properties at temperatures up to 600°F (316°C), good strength in both base metal and welds, and short-time, low-temperature heat treatments that minimize warpage and scaling. 630 (17-4PH) is an outstanding choice for applications requiring high strength and hardness, as well as corrosion resistance. It is more cost effective than many high nickel non-ferrous alloys. ER630 (17-4PH) plate under 4“ can be welded without pre-heating, but interpass up to 300°F are commonly used. Conforms to ANSI/AWS A5.9.
- Stainless steel ER630 (17-4PH) TIG welding rod is used to weld ASTM A 564 Type 630 alloys
- This martensitic precipitation-hardening alloy can also be used on stainless steel
- High strength, good corrosion resistance and good mechanical properties
- 160,000 psi tensile strength (as welded)
- 145,000 psi yield strength (as welded)
- 5% elongation (as welded)
- 108 HRB Rockwell B hardness (as welded)
- 327 HB Brinell hardness (as welded)
- Conforms to ANSI/AWS A5.9 & ASME SFA 5.9 ER 630, AMS 5825
Cancer and Reproductive Harm -www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
- ER630 (17-4PH) Stainless Steel 1/16 X 36 X 10lb package
- 1 Year
|Alloy Type||Stainless Steel|
|Chemical Composition||Carbon 0.05% max.
Phosphorus 0.03% max.
Molybdenum 0.75% max.
Silicon 0.75% max.
Sulfur 0.03% max.
ASME SFA 5.9 ER 630, AMS 5825
|Product Type||GTAW (TIG) Welding Rod|
|Tensile Strength (PSI)||160,000 psi (as welded)|
|Brinnell Hardness||ANSI/AWS A5.9 & ASME SFA 5.9 ER 316|
|Elongation||5% (as welded)|