High activity, stainless steel, liquid soldering flux is a water-based, inorganic-acid flux formulated for soldering stainless steel and other industrial metals. The flux contains zinc chloride, ammonium chloride, a bi-fluoride and hydrochloric acid. This combination of activators makes this flux active at room temperature where it begins to clean metals and remove oxides. The additional bi-fluoride element increases its etching ability. Provides excellent capillary action. The flux exerts a strong scavenging action to remove oxide coatings and other impurities from the metal surface to produce strong joints. Pre-cleaning is not necessary under most conditions. Conforms to the EU Reach & RoHS directive.
- Removes oxide coatings and other impurities aggressively
- Excellent capillary action
- Etching ability increased with addition of bi-fluoride element
- Effective on a broad range of base metals, solders and temperatures
- Formulated for use on stainless steel, Monel, high-chrome alloys, Inconel, nickel, copper, brass, ferrous alloys and many more metals.
- Residues are completely water-soluble
- RoHS compliant
- Conforms to A-A-52245, Type 2, Form B; ANSI-J-STD-004, Type INH1; ASTM B32, Flux Type IS