Harris direct current (DC), copper-coated, carbon electrodes are used for arc gouging. The electrode is made from a special mixture of carbon and graphite. The mixture is extruded and baked, producing dense graphite electrodes of low electrical resistance. The electrode is then coated with a controlled thickness of copper. The electrode offers stable arc characteristics and groove uniformity. The root of a weld may be gouged out to sound metal before completing the weld on the second side. Package consists of 50 pieces.
- Synthetic graphite composition extends electrode life to maximize metal removal
- Full copper coating improves arc stability and reduces heat generation
- Consistent melt-off rate for smooth, uniform grooves
- High density formula increases durability
- Used primarily in automatic gouging applications but can be used manually.
- Typical applications include large, long duration gouges commonly seen in the shipbuilding or foundry industries and circular gouges on pipes and tanks
- One year manufacturer's warranty
- 50 carbon electrodes per package
Cancer and Reproductive Harm -www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
- Gouging Carbons 1/4 X 12
- 1 Year
|Color||Natural and Gray|