Cut Rod metal working electrode can be used by any welder to produce clean cuts in almost all materials. The burn-off rate is slow, so more inches of cut can be produced per electrode. Cut Rod will cut through almost any type of metal cast iron, aluminum, stainless steel, nickel, copper, brass, bronze and many other ferrous and non-ferrous metals. It can be used for cutting and piercing any metal with regular arc welding equipment – no air or oxygen required. Typically used for piercing holes, enlarging openings, trimming metals, removing frozen bolts, removing gates and risers, etc.
- The special core wire in Cut Rod has a heat resistant coating that is nonconductive
- The electrode can be operated at higher amps
- Creates a greater blasting action with faster cutting
- Economical choice for saving time, fuel and labor
- Cuts through also any type of metal such as cast iron, aluminum, stainless steel, nickel, copper, brass, bronze and other ferrous and non-ferrous metals.