Diameters / Packaging
10 lb Box
50 lb Box
Harris 17 & 170 copper-zinc-nickel brazing alloy is used for braze/welding steel and cast iron. It can also be used for brazing tungsten carbide-to-steel where higher joining temperature is not objectionable. The nickel addition provides hardness and strength compared to the standard bronze alloys. This characteristic makes it ideal for build-up and overlay. Harris 17 & 170 flows easily and deposits can be machined. It can be deposited using oxy-fuel torches. Harris 17 & 170 is available bare or flux coated. Flux-coated rods are pre-coated with a flexible, flux coating for convenience and ease of deposition.
- The addition of nickel provides hardness and strength
- Used for braze welding steel and cast iron
- Ideal for overlays and build-up on equipment and surfaces subject to wear
- Good flow and machinability
- Can be used for brazing tungsten carbide to steel
- Also used to join ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- Conforms to AWS A5.8.
Cancer and Reproductive Harm -www.P65Warnings.ca.gov