Blockade is a proprietary phosphorus-tin-silicon alloy engineered as an inexpensive alternative to copper-copper and copper-brass alloys. It is self-fluxing on copper and its lower melting temperature makes it an excellent choice for brass connections. Blockade flows rapidly but can be used to "cap" brazed joints.
- A low cost alternative to silver bearing filler metals
- It has a narrow melting range, but its flow characteristics allow operators to “cap”, or build up, around the finished joint
- Low melting point reduces the likelihood of overheating the brass
- Often selected to replace high silver brazing filler metals for these applications
- Does not contain silver, so significant cost reductions are available
- Not recommended for brazing steel or other ferrous alloys
- Phosphorus content will form low ductility intermetallic with base metal
- Phosphorus containing brazing alloys should not be used if the braze is exposed to sulfur or sulfur compounds in service
- For copper or brass. Lower brazing temperature, excellent replacement for many silver bearing BCuP alloys.
- Conforms to the EU Reach & RoHS directive
- Brass brazing
Cancer and Reproductive Harm -www.P65Warnings.ca.gov