Stay-Silv 6 is slightly more fluid and can be used where closer tolerances are available. It is somewhat more ductile than Harris 0.
- Medium range silver brazing filler metal designed for copper-to-copper applications
- Can also be used on copper-to- brass with appropriate brazing flux
- Has lower phosphorus content than the AWS BCuP- 4 classification, (Stay-Silv 6HP), this creates an alloy well suited for many brazing applications and the melting range makes it useful for assemblies with wider clearance
- Often used in rod form for manual braze applications but is a good choice formed as brazing rings or on spools for semi-automated applications
- Corrosion resistance is generally similar to copper base metal, but phosphorus containing alloys, including Stay-Silv 6, should not be used if the braze is exposed to sulfur or sulfur compounds in service
- Medium range alloy is well suited where close fit-up cannot be maintained. Filler metal is somewhat more ductile than Phos Copper or Stay-Silv 2.
- Not recommended for brazing steel or other ferrous base metals, as the phosphorus content promotes formation of low ductility intermetallic with the base metal
- For copper-to-copper and copper-to-brass (using Stay-Silv" white brazing flux) applications.
- Conforms to the EU Reach & RoHS directive
- Brass brazing
Cancer and Reproductive Harm -www.P65Warnings.ca.gov